Tuesday, August 11, 2009

XXX

I've never really noticed this before, but Messagelabs has a very capricious tendency to block images. For example, in the entry below Messagelabs took exception to the first, fifth and sixth. I suppose it must have been the undertone of sensual abandon.

August is also a good time to check out Hairy Brome (Bromopsis ramosa), another woodland grass, or perhaps rather semi-woodland, as it seems to especially like marginal areas with a bit of direct sun. A casual glance at the flowerhead always used to remind me of drips moulded in plastic - e.g. a model waterfall. An almost equally casual glance might recall Barren Brome but each spikelet of BB has a dedicated pedicel, there's no sub-branches. And besides, BB was at its peak in June.

I am reading Leevi Lehto, sort of (more about that in IS, eventually...). I WAS reading Dickens Uncommercial Traveller (not for the first time, or the second), when I realized that my remaindered copy of the Slater and Drew Collected Journalism Vol 4 is missing pages 61-92 (they've accidentally duplicated the next gathering instead), so I was left high and dry in the theatre at Hoxton and then I felt so disappointed that I gave up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger