Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Passing post



No post again today. I'll pick up speed again soon. I'm reading Othello very slowly, listening to Brahms' Requiem, also half-way through the Librivox War and Peace, and trying to learn to tell Poa trivialis from Poa pratensis at a glance. Reading of Hughes, Samuels, Smith and Out Of Everywhere 2 continues, as does Blood River (trip down the Congo). 



SMITH (Robert Ryan)
......I swear, you're beginning to make me
mad.

MACREEDY (Spencer Tracy)
(calmly)
All strangers do.

SMITH
Not all. Some of 'em. When they come
here snooping.

MACREEDY
Snooping for what?

SMITH
I mean, outsiders coming around,
looking for something.

MACREEDY
(pressing)
For what?

.......

SMITH
I just wish they'd leave us alone.

MACREEDY
Leave you alone to do what?

SMITH
(coldly)
I don't know what you mean.

......




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger