Tuesday, November 08, 2016

adventitious drinking




Everyday life on my kitchen window-sill. The Chinese Money Plant with the round leaves (Pilea peperomioides, last seen on this blog in April) is a thirsty plant in a too-small pot, and the pot is on a shallow hand-painted Spanish saucer. When I water it the water tends to run straight through the bone-dry soil, overflow the saucer beneath, and flood the tiles.

Then I do my best to wipe up the surplus water with a j-cloth, but I don't do a particularly good job of it.

The J-cloth goes on to the radiator to dry out. I go to bed. Next morning I see that the residue of spillage is being hoovered up by new-emerged adventitious roots on a plantlet of the Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum), a plant of tropical and southern Africa that we now grow in our homes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger