Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Motivé deckhand

Stop-gap post. Cycled home yesterday evening eagerly anticipating my imminent Gumtree sale, a snacky dinner and sitting down to compose a nice fat blog-post. 

Everything went just as planned, but when I sat down at the computer I felt incomprehensibly reluctant, lazy, unsettled. Why don't I want to write about nature, or mountains, or modern poetry, or even Shakespeare? I wondered. Don't I like these things anymore? It all felt stale; the world felt stale. I sat and scanned a book about music psychology, without pleasure, without taking it in. Then I realised that I had a cold coming on. It needs so little, just a few chemical switches,  to completely change our personalities.



Winter Jasmine (Jasminum nudiflorum) showing new and fading blooms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger